Wednesday 27 July 2011

Going back to work!

So I have been back to work now for a month and I am still having a hard time transitioning from being a stay at home mom to my 1 year old to being a working mother. I love all the time I spend with my son so giving that up is hard. Now that I have been back to work the time I spend with him is very minimal because by the time I pick him up from daycare he has dinner, bath you know the usual stuff and then it's off to bed. Then other days I don't get home until hes all ready in bed. I'm missing the days were we would go to the park and play on the swings or even just teaching him about new things. Now with the daycare they do all that so it upsets me when he comes home and does something new, I'm wishing I was the one that had taught him that.

I currently just work in the retail industry and it's not something I want to be doing for the rest of my life. Plus to add to it the place is full of drama which I am not a fan of so that makes it even harder, I'm constantly having to what I call babysit the employees, I'd much rather be taking care of my son instead of teenagers that should know what is required of them at a job. Would the transition be easier if it was a career, a job worth keeping?  Are there any moms out there that have come to this fork in the road? How did you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment